Orthodontics for Children 5 to 10 Years Old
Approximately 30% of our patients are between 5 and 10 years old.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends you have your child undergo his or her first evaluation between the ages of five and seven.
- Improves jaw growth to allow permanent tooth eruption
- Reduces the number of permanent tooth extractions
- Corrects thumb sucking and helps improve speech
Indications for early treatment
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded baby teeth or permanent teeth
- Jaws that pop when opening or closing
- Crossbite of permanent or “baby teeth”
- Small jaws and large teeth
Orthodontics for Teens 13 to 19 years Old
Approximately 50% of our patients are teenagers.
Orthodontics for Adults
Approximately 20% of our patients are adults.
Common reasons why adults consider treatment
- A bad bite or malocclusion, which causes teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly leading to tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain or clicking of joints
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
- Traditional metal braces
- Clear braces
- Aligners or a series of aligning trays